Wednesday, December 29, 2021, Kathmandu:
On 29 December 2021, Nepal Policy Institute (NPI) hosted its inaugural NPI Global Youth Policy Dialogue Series session on the topic of “Youths and Contemporary Public Policy Issues in Nepal”. The intent of the dialogue series is threefold: (i) to create a global community of youth students; (ii) to take an inter-generational and inter-disciplinary approach to policymaking; and (iii) to serve as a platform for the youths of Nepal to come together both for their studies and their careers.
The first such dialogue took place with the following eight youths:
1. Sushant Subedi, London School of Economics, UK
2. Nirupama Roka Magar, Harvard University, USA
3. Srijana Lama, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
4. Aakriti Ghimire, New York University, United Arab Emirates
5. Rojina Shrestha, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand & Miss Nepal Earth 2017
6. Isha Mandal, Global Campus of Human Rights, Italy
7. Ashish Adhikari, University: Peking University (Ph.D. scholar), China
8. Avinash Jha, Engagement Manager, Nepal Policy Institute, Nepal
The discussion session was moderated by Dr. Gambhir Bhatta, Executive Director, NPI.